Guacamole de Lupita



Ijole! So many entries, chalk full of false promises about how many beautiful entries I would post from Mexico once I got here and then two weeks of DEAD BLOG! Apologies, to anyone who noticed. It is a mix of business, tiredness from said business, and being in Mexico. Internet can be unreliable, to say the least.

But the good news is that our wonderful friends here have agreed to let me and my camera into their kitchen and show me how it's DONE! Cause they most definitely know, specifically Lupita, the molcajete queen.

This guacamole was our first project together. Enjoy!

















Guacamole de Lupita

3 green chiles
1 garlic clove
salt to taste
1 avocado
1 lime

Mush green chiles, garlic, and salt together in a molcajete. If you don't have a molcajete (I need a molcajete), a blender would probably do, but keep it low, you don't want chile puree.

Add avocado (peeled, of course), and squeeze lime juice over it. This keeps the guac a nice bright green instead of turning brown to black as it oxidizes.

Smoosh in molcajete until desired texture is reached. Add some water (slowly!) for a smoother texture if you don't like lumpy guac.

Enjoy with tortillas or corn chips or like, whatever you want!

NEXT UP: In another two weeks or whenever I manage to get back on the computadora, I will post pictures of GIANT ANT SALSA. No seriously, we made this. And then we ate it. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Vee said...

you molk that jete!
My aunt has one, and there is a tasty difference between salsa and guacamoles that have been lovingly made with a molcajete

The word that I thought of when I saw that picture of you working in it was
fervently
miss your face but am excited for a mexican feast when you return! (right?)

jeannesioux said...

Yumm. (Aren't there lots of varieties of green chilis?)



Giant Ant Salsa??????????