The Best Ingredients of All



And lo, there were ten ingredients that were most precious above all things.

Chocolate was given unto them.



And red pepper chili flakes also, and there was much rejoicing.

Lemons and limes, and the responsibility to know the difference.



(Limes are better.  Lemon lovers, you've been duped.)

And behold the tastiest of all, avocado, was presented unto them, to be wed with its brethren, lime and salt.


And eaten atop tortilla-ified corn, a close runner-up.

There was garlic, brown sugar, and bone broth.



Pasilla chili powder, superior to its lowly brother, the plain kind. 

These gifts were given unto them, to be combined in every thinkable way and to be used with thanksgiving (and on Thanksgiving).



And there was much rejoicing.


7 comments:

Ana Regalado said...

Limes are better ?! Ha ! So true ! lol Will agree except your fave avocado ! That I could live without ! :D

Nuts about food said...

true, true...

Jessica Ann said...

I love this post! Super original way of looking at it. And I think I would choose all the same items as well!

Una Semplice Passione said...

I like this post as well, a lot. Love the pictures as well. I prefer lemons rather than limes. And the chocolate!! Yes, number one! Absolute :D

Cucina49 said...

Now you're making me think--citrus is definitely one of my favorite ingredients, along with dried peppers. I'd add shallots and garlic to the list, too.

amlamonte said...

haha lime lovers vs. lemon go! i just find limes much more flavorful. also they got me through my morning sickness. but i think we can all agree on the chocolate...

Una Semplice Passione said...

Yes the chocolate we can agree on ;)!