A Wedding Cake - ta da!



Here it is folks! After all that build up - I pulled it off!



Three tiers, 12" 9" 6" and a great excuse to buy new pans.



Chocolate cake with raspberry jam filling, buttercream topping sealed with fondant. All my favorite things come together.





See my little floral wire staples to hold down the ivy? Yeah, I made that up. Yeah, I'm proud about it.



While, like any baker (or creative person in general, probably), I can't stop picking it apart looking for flaws, I have to say I'm pretty proud of it. It beats my last wedding cake, and I can only hope my future ones will be even better!





People can make money making wedding cakes, right?





Money? Me? It could happen.

3 comments:

Cakebrain said...

Great job! It looks like it was a lot of work! Who knows...perhaps it could happen. If you love doing something then things do happen.

amlamonte said...

aw thanks for the vote of confidence! :)

jeannesioux said...

Your cake was every bit as beautiful as any of the other ones that we looked at. In fact, it looked perfect. I saw no flaws whatsoever, and it was delicious. I loved the vine. I always love nature on things. It makes it seem so fresh and alive...and beautiful.
I did not even notice the floral wire staples. Good thinking.
And most of all, thank you so much, Anna, for all that you did.